The original GlenDonald Cottage was built in 1965 and over the years has undergone a number of renovations, the last having been completed in 2014.
Situated at the headwaters of the Olifants River, the cottage looks over the “Visgat”, the crystal river pool that will be the central point of your stay.
GlenDonald consists of two cottages:
GlenDonald's Main House and Swallows Croft
(rented out together, not separately)
As a whole they sleep up to 13 guests.
GlenDonald Main Cottage
- Bedroom 1: Queen with En Suite
- Bedroom 2: Queen with En Suite
- Bedroom 3: Double (upstairs) with shared bathroom
- Bedroom 4: 3 x Single (upstairs) with shared bathroom
NOTE: Bedrooms 3 & 4 share the upstairs bathroom
- Bedroom 5: Queen with En Suite bathroom.
- Bedroom 6: Queen with En Suite bathroom.
Note: The bathrooms are half open as the swallows build nests against the ceiling.
Dining / Lounge area
- 3m wide doors opening out onto the deck.
- 2 leather couches
- Book and Games shelf
- 8 – 10 seated dining table
- Gas Bar Fridge
- 1 x Gas freezer (Gas is provided)
- 1 x Gas fridge
- 1 x Gas stove / oven
- Cutlery, crockery and utensils
- Double sink
The outside patio extends out from the North side of the house to the natural pool and includes the following:
- 2m diameter Braai (with all utensils required)
- Camp Chairs
- Outside pool with running water and umbrella
- 2 plate gas hob
- Table and benches
- Dover Stove / Oven (Wood or anthracite fired.)
- Tubes, inflatables & “Pool-pillows”
- Goggles, snorkels and fins
- Boule, board games & puzzles
- Books & field guides
What else do you need to know?
- The house lights are solar powered and all rooms have lights.
- There are no plug points, but there is a small USB charger.
- Fridges, freezer and hot water are run off gas. (Gas is provided)
- Hot and cold water – potable.
- Linen (100% Cotton Percale) and Bath towels are provided. (Please bring your own beach towels.)
- A basic First Aid kit is provided.
- We remove your rubbish.
- GlenDonald is 2.5 to 3 hours from Cape Town
- 2 nights Minimum Stay
- There is no cellphone reception at the cottage. This is part of the beauty of GlenDonald. You might get reception approximately 500m away if you are with Vodacom.